When you go to different establishments and huge residential spaces, you probably have noticed their flooring a bit reflective and smooth. This is because their flooring is most likely coated with epoxy. Because epoxy is very durable and aesthetic, it is widely used in different buildings that need industrial-grade floorings.
If you own a building, having an epoxy floor is a great investment, as your floor is guaranteed to give you that feature that you need in a high-grade floor.
Planning on hiring professional epoxy flooring services Orlando FL? It is the right decision! Here is why having an epoxy floor is good for you and your business.
What is Epoxy?
Epoxy flooring is alternatively called polymer flooring or resinous flooring, which is a combination of hardener and resin. This mixture is placed and covered on all different flooring you have such as concrete, tile, VCT, wood, and many others. When the epoxy is put and hardened, it creates a texture similar to hardened plastic that provides additional protection to your base flooring. This sturdiness is what most industrial buildings need especially when the floor would be accommodating larger vehicles like trucks.
Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- It is resistant to water and stains – unlike wood, even laminated, the hardened plastic surface of the epoxy flooring is not porous. It does not stain or warp because of water damage or other elements. Even the other types of floorings cannot beat the resistance that your epoxy flooring has.
- It is seamless, making it easier to clean – the epoxy surface is very seamless, which gives it that polishing and shiny effect. This does not just provide visual aesthetics but also contributes to its easy maintenance. Because of its seamless surface, an epoxy floor is easy to clean. And by clean, we mean that your floor would be less exposed to bacteria, viruses, and other kinds of dirt. Moreover, because an epoxy, in its liquefied base form, is poured, it does not leave any ridges, joints, and seams that you can see on tiles, wood, and even concrete. This is the reason why epoxy flooring is popular for healthcare facilities.
- It is strong and durable – epoxy floors are tough and can withstand heavy machinery, heat, shock, and other forces without you worrying about wear and tear as well as cracks. It is very durable that it can even withstand chemical spills. When it comes to strength, your epoxy flooring also has the feature. In fact, it is three times stronger than a high-grade concrete floor. There is no wonder why it is popular in industrial buildings.
- It looks good – there is no denying how putting an epoxy mixture can increase significantly the appearance of the floor. It makes the color appears more vivid and makes the whole floor shinier. Moreover, epoxy can be mixed with different colors, so your options are wide.
- It can be made safe – there is an anti-slip coating which you can put on your epoxy to make it safer than the old epoxy flooring before.
With the abovementioned advantages of an epoxy floor, rest assured that your money is worth it.